In these most trying of times, Move Coordinators Inc. is following the recommendations of government officials and has drastically reduced our involvement with clients.
We are doing our part to “flatten the curve”.
We respect and support the difficult decisions that senior residences have made to stop all access to their buildings. It’s the right thing to do in order to protect the most vulnerable in our society – our elders. Our clients caught “mid-move” are strongly encouraged to stay in their existing home and we can resume our plans once it is safe.
Moving – packing/unpacking
Saying that, moving is still considered an essential service. As our services are tied closely to the moving industry, we will provide services IF deemed necessary. Not all of our clients are seniors. Some have sold their home and must move out. We can go in with either one or two people to assist with the pack up and unpack.
We have happily provided curb side delivery of packing materials to a few of our clients that want to take this time to do some of their own packing!
Our safety measures include:
- Health check. We will NOT work if we are experiencing any symptoms. The large majority of our days have been spent at home in self-isolation. Two staff members have not worked, at all since March 14.
- Checking in with our clients often to ensure they are not experiencing symptoms
- Social distancing
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Encouraging etransfer or phone in credit card as a method of payment. Should we use our payment machine, it will be wiped down with disinfectant between payments
Estate clear outs
We continue to provide estate clear out services, provided all the safety measures are in place. Since we often work alone, or with one or two subcontractors in empty houses, we can prepare contents for sale, donation or disposal. The number of people in a house at any given time does not exceed five.
Real estate showings and sales continue. Many family homes are the largest asset people have. Preparing a house for sale is often critical for a families’ financial well being.
Estate or downsizing online sales
Online sales continue but with great emphasis on safety. We will only consider doing online sales if:
- the home has not been lived in for 30 or more days
- only ibd4storage bidders are invited to participate
- Sale payment and pick ups are by appointment only. Limited to 3 people attending on behalf of the bidder. We prefer the 3 attendees be from the same household.
- Bidders are strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves.
- Social distancing is enforced
- All of our standard safety measures are in effect – including the use of hand sanitizer and wiping down the payment machine
The COVID-19 virus is altering daily life in our communities, and has forced us all to make sacrifices and introduce drastic changes to our normal routines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to Karen at 780-668-8811 at any time.
Please note that these procedures will remain in place indefinitely as we will continue to follow the guidelines put in place by the World Health Organization and other government authorities.
We want to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with these policies that will help to keep you and our staff safe during this difficult time period.