There are so many services a Senior Move Manager can provide. Think of us as general contractors for all things related to downsizing and moving!
Here are some sample questions you may want to ask in order to determine if the company is a good fit for you, as suggested by the National Association of Senior Moves Managers (NASMM):
- How long have you been providing senior move management services?
- Have you participated in any formal training?
- Are you fully insured for liability and workers’ compensation?
- Do you charge by the hour or by the project? (NASMM recommends that fees should be provided in writing to the consumer or responsible party prior to providing services.)
- Will you provide a written contract?
- Can you provide references?
- Are the staff required to provide a clear Criminal Record search report?
- Are you a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM)?
- Do you offer customized floor plans?
- Do you provide organizing, sorting and downsizing services?
- Do you arrange for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of these options?
- Do you interview, schedule and oversee movers?
- How is the billing arranged for the movers?
- Do you pack, or do you hire a moving company to perform the packing? (If the Senior Move Manager indicates that they pack, make sure they have the appropriate insurance to cover any damages.)
- Do you completely unpack and set up the new home? (These services include unpacking everything, hanging pictures, installing electronics, etc.)
- Do you provide Handyman services? Is there someone to assemble new furniture or a TV wall bracket or help with minor repairs?
- What additional services do you offer?
Items you might also want your Senior Move Manager to include:
- Online, in home auctions
- House cleaning
- Waste removal
- Shopping for items to assist with setting up the new home
- Assisting with selection of a realtor or tradesmen
- Helping prepare the home to be sold
Move Coordinators is proud to provide ALL of the above!