Moving is stressful! Let us help. Here are the answers to our most commonly asked questions. Can't find the answer you're looking for? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to assist you.
What should I look for in a senior moving service?
Good question! A qualified move management company will have the following in place:
- experience in the moving or storage business
- active member of NASMM (National Association of Senior Move Managers), including completion of their extensive training program and acceptance of the Code of Ethics
- liability insurance
- be bonded
- member of the Better Business Bureau
- City of Edmonton Business license
- if GST is being charged, a valid CRA Business GST number
- transparency in associations with subcontractors
- accuracy in invoicing
Not only does Move Coordinators have all of these components, we have more! Our owner, Karen Bodoano, is also a member of the Professional Organizers of Canada, and was one of the first Canadians to have a CSSM (Certified Self Storage Manager) designation.
Move Coordinators is also a proud member of SAGE Edmonton (Sage Seniors Association).
We have dedicated 1% of our annual gross sales to Operation Friendship Seniors Society in Edmonton to help inner city seniors.
I will be allowing staff into my home. What qualifications should a professional moving company require of their staff?
Move Coordinators prides itself in retaining quality staff who are treated fairly and paid well.
In exchange, there is:
- rigorous employee screening, including criminal record searches for each employee
- confidentiality agreements signed by each employee
- hands-on training and orientation
- an employee handbook AND safety policies
- first aid training and CPR are encouraged.
How does Move Coordinators charge for their moving services?
There are two methods for payment: flat fee or by the hour. The scope and complexity of the job will be determined, and the written estimate that detail the terms will be provided.
How can I pay for the service?
A 50% deposit is taken once the estimate is accepted. The balance is due on completion.
A written contract will detail the terms and estimated timelines of the job. Payment can be made by cheque, Visa, MasterCard, debit, or etransfer.
What if the scope of the work changes during the process?
A written change order will be completed and signed to confirm the additional work terms and cost.
Are your services exclusive to seniors and their families?
No! While we do focus on the senior community, our services are available to anyone who is moving or wants to downsize. Busy executive being relocated to another city? We can help. Families with both parents working and no time to organize the move? We are happy to discuss any options with you! Contact us at email@example.com or by phone (780) 668-8811.